I really hope some of these posts are helping some of you out! It would really mean a lot to me if you could give me some feed back!!!
So back to today’s post.
Ever heard of Trader Joe’s?! No?! Well let me inform you on what you’ve been missing!
Here’s some background, just incase you haven’t heard about it:
- The first store opened in Pasadena, California in 1967.
- Started out as a chain of convenience stores
- Changed names from Pronto Markets to Trader Joe’s that same year
- In 1988, they added a location in Northern California.
- In the 90’s they spread to Arizona, Oregon, Washington State, Nevada and even Massachusetts.
- Illinois, New York, North Carolina, and Georgia were next in the 2000’s
- As of 2013, Trader Joe’s opened 400 stores across the country, and that number has grown since then.
Trader Joe’s pride’s itself on having the best value of food and prices that you won’t get anywhere else. One of the awesome things that Trader Joe’s practices is they actually buy all of their product directly from the supplier so customers can get the best price for what they are buying. Every product sold in the store is non-GMO (meaning they don’t have genetically modified organisms in them), ultimately making it safer for you to consume.
As of now, there are four locations in South Florida, including the brand new location in Boca Raton on Federal Highway, which if you didn’t know, is conveniently located a few miles from FAU’s Boca campus 🙂
Got a sweet tooth? One of Trader Joe’s most well known items is called ‘Cookie Butter’.
(Here’s a picture if you’re not yet on the band wagon)
Basically, the people who created Speculoos cookies decided to make it more fun to eat cookies by creating this spreadable version. Three different varieties are offered; Original and Crunchy – which costs $3.69 a jar and Cookie and Cocoa Swirl, which is $3.99 a jar.